YOU ARE A LIBERAL IF …
1. You are able to form your own opinion without the influence of television.
2. You are colorblind when it comes to race or national origin.
3. You are serious about recycling.
4. You believe a woman has the right to make her own medical decisions without government intrusion.
5. You believe education and health care should be subsidized for the common good.
6. You believe government is “of the people, for the people and by the people” and not just for corporations.
7. You believe in “Liberty and Justice FOR ALL”.
8. You believe in the separation of church and state.
9. You believe in, and have even read a book or two about science.
10. You believe people are more important than corporations.
11. You believe that affordable healthcare is a basic right – not a privilege (for the privileged).
12. You believe that the Bible and the Constitution are not interchangeable.
13. You can find Iraq on a map while understanding that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.
14. You consider all the facts on issues instead of calling your grandparents and asking them what to think.
15. You do not believe corporations are people too, friend.
16. You don’t believe that being a woman is a “pre-existing condition”.
17. You have left a restaurant because Fox News was on the television.
18. You know how to read a map and understand there is a world outside our borders.
19. You know the difference between adhering to the Ten Commandments and merely preaching them when convenient.
20. You know the difference between fascism and communism.
21. You know what being socialist actually means.
22. You like books, not viewing them as merely being kindling.
23. You prefer to breathe non-cancer-causing air and drink non-toxic water.
24. You read food labels.
25. You registered Republican so you could vote for their weakest candidate in their primaries.
26. You remember that Reagan increased taxes on the rich.
27. You remember that Reagan strongly believed in the separation of church and state.
28. You think that sexual relations between two consenting adults is their personal and private business.
29. You try to live up to the ideals Jesus taught such as brotherly love, taking care of the sick, the elderly, the poor.
30. You understand that “trickle-down economics” is like a “pissing contest” in that nobody ever wins – everyone just ends up getting wet.