Many dictators have been overthrown in recent decades, but some remain. Dictators may stay in power for a long time and commit terrible crimes against their people while doing so. Here are five ways you can help overthrow a dictator:
1) Join an organization that is fighting the dictatorship
2) Share and spread information about what’s happening to encourage more people to fight against the regime
3) Show support by attending protests and rallies
4) Boycott business that support or do business with the government of your country until they change, while also supporting businesses that oppose them
5) Put pressure on your government representatives to withdraw their recognition from those countries where crackdowns are being carried out under authoritarian rule.